3 THINGS YOU MUST DO THIS SUMMERAdmin
3 Things You Must Do This Summer
#1 Get out on the water! Whether it be Lake Michigan, the ocean in Mexico or the local pool. Enjoy the outside as fall/winter will be near asap. Chicago gets HOT, so a dip into water feels great. This mama loves a good tan (I know terrible for the skin), but being around water feels refreshing.
We are headed to Michigan soon with friends, I’ve taken the kids to the beach, and I’ve been to Mexico. I’m trying to get out there as much as possible as I hate the winters here.
Recently, I’ve learned you can rent boats to go out on the lake (yes, I’ve lived here for 7 years but still have haven’t done this) so this is on my list for sure.
#2 Rooftop babe here. In Chicago, we have a slew of fantastic rooftop bars. I’m working on my list of ten I love this week and will be sharing soon. Grab your mom friends, surprise your date with plans, do it at least once! Rooftop drinks and food with an amazing view is the best.
#3 Choose an adventure you’ve never done and do it! Things I suggest:
- Helicopter ride in the city you live in – how pretty in the summer right or at sunset?
- I love the architecture tour in Chicago. Best views on a boat
- Glamping/camping? I’ve been dying to visit Camp Wandawega; now I just need some peeps to go with me.
- Watch the movies in the park (many cities do this). I haven’t done this myself 🙂 so it is on my list.
- Go to an outdoor concert. I just went to Ravinia and loved it!
I’m not a huge outdoor person, but summer always has me heading outdoors somehow, even in the heat. Do at least three of the things here and you’ll feel good that you enjoyed summer. No regrets come winter!